Ever wanted to publish a magazine? It seems like it just got easier with online service MagCloud. MagCloud offers the convenience of doing everything–you just have to send in a PDF. Anyone want to start a classical guitar magazine?
Candace Shaw lists ten things musicians should know.
Hypebot offers Seven SEO Tips for Musicians. To that I would add: please, classical guitarists, quit using “home” as a title for your page. What you put in your title tags is important, SEO wise.
In a great read, Cameron Mizell explains some tips on establishing good practice habits as a professional musician. I think the title should be “establishing good practice habits as a professional anything.” Cameron’s tips are good for anyone.
The May/June issue of Making Music Magazine had a short feature on classical guitar. Just some basics. I have to say that I’m enjoying this magazine quite a bit.
Classical guitar news stories are a bit slower now that summer is upon us.
Classical Guitar in the News
- Los Angeles, CA: LAGQ in concert 5/9 @ 8pm
- McAllen, TX: Mother’s Day with Classical Guitar
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Community Classical Guitar Ensemble concert 5/8 @ 8pm
- Burlington, NC: Feature on guitarist Carlo Corrieri
- Panama: Feature on the International Guitar Gathering, 5/18-22
- Boston, MA: Pick up a CD at the Hingham Public Library and support the Boston CG Society
- Wilmington, DE: LAGQ to record with the Deleware Symphony (concerts too!)
- Clarksville, TN: Stanley Yates’ Romanian Concerts
- Salina, KS: Guitar and Weaving?
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: Daniel Bolshoy concert 5/8 @ 8pm
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: Daniel Bolshoy feature
- Batavia, NY:William Feasley concert 5/16 @ 7pm
- New Brunswick, NJ: Patrick Durek concert 5/10 @ 2pm
- Milpitas, CA: Peter Fletcher concert 5/17 @ 3pm