I had the chance to meet Dan Koentopp at the WIU guitar festival. He’s a great guy, and his passion for building guitars comes through in the videos below. You can connect with Dan on Facebook, Flickr, and Youtube. Dan is pretty new to the luthier game, but I’m predicting a bright future.
- Why and when Dan started building guitars
- A bit about his archtop guitars
- When Dan got into building classical guitars
- About his classical guitar design
- How archtop building has influenced his classical building
Trying Some Guitars
Here’s a video of Thomas Clippert playing some Villa-Lobos on one of Dan’s guitars. Much better quality than my video above.