Andrew Schulman Interview
Andrew Schulman makes his living as a guitarist in New York City. He has been professional musician for thirty years, and is a wealth of information on just about everything in the music field. You can connect with Andrew on Facebook. The interview is in nine parts.
- How Andrew got started on the guitar
- What led him to classical guitar
NOTE: part one has a lot edited out for time. The full, 16 minute version is available for download
- When Andrew started playing 8-string guitars
- How his guitars are tuned
- Buying and selling 27 guitars
- 27 guitars cont.
- Making a living in NYC as a musician
- The Abaca String Band
NOTE: part three has a lot edited out for time. The full version is available for download
- Playing in hotels
- How much gig rep Andrew maintains
NOTE: part five has a lot edited out for time. The full version is available for download
- Abaca String Band, cont.
- Licensing music for films
- Networking for musicians
- Performing as a musician in comedy clubs
- Amplification, cont.
- Andrew’s volunteer work in a New York Hospital