Ever wanted to publish a magazine? It seems like it just got easier with online service MagCloud. MagCloud offers the convenience of doing everything–you just have to send in a PDF. Anyone want to start a classical guitar magazine?
Candace Shaw lists ten things musicians should know.
Emon at Guitarkadia found that the BBC series The Story of the Guitar made it online. The videos can be seen on youtube.
Hypebot offers Seven SEO Tips for Musicians. To that I would add: please, classical guitarists, quit using “home” as a title for your page. What you put in your title tags is important, SEO wise.
In a great read, Cameron Mizell explains some tips on establishing good practice habits as a professional musician. I think the title should be “establishing good practice habits as a professional anything.” Cameron’s tips are good for anyone.
The May/June issue of Making Music Magazine had a short feature on classical guitar. Just some basics. I have to say that I’m enjoying this magazine quite a bit.
Classical guitar news stories are a bit slower now that summer is upon us.
Classical Guitar in the News
- Los Angeles, CA: LAGQ in concert 5/9 @ 8pm
- McAllen, TX: Mother’s Day with Classical Guitar
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Community Classical Guitar Ensemble concert 5/8 @ 8pm
- Burlington, NC: Feature on guitarist Carlo Corrieri
- Panama: Feature on the International Guitar Gathering, 5/18-22
- Boston, MA: Pick up a CD at the Hingham Public Library and support the Boston CG Society
- Wilmington, DE: LAGQ to record with the Deleware Symphony (concerts too!)
- Clarksville, TN: Stanley Yates’ Romanian Concerts
- Salina, KS: Guitar and Weaving?
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: Daniel Bolshoy concert 5/8 @ 8pm
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: Daniel Bolshoy feature
- Batavia, NY:William Feasley concert 5/16 @ 7pm
- New Brunswick, NJ: Patrick Durek concert 5/10 @ 2pm
- Milpitas, CA: Peter Fletcher concert 5/17 @ 3pm